April 13, 2015

Vermont in Spring

My mom mentioned that I should practice more structured writing as well and not just free verse. So I tried a Villanelle for today and feel very unsatisfied but decided to post it anyway. Also- disclaimer- I said we because it fit the rhythm and the attitude of Vermont as a whole- but I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt and am not- nor do I plan to be- skimpily dressed. It is warm, but my arms and legs are not bear.
Though this sun is marvelous and I am super excited to be able to wear dresses again without freezing. I just need to wind to die down first.
But anyway, here's a not so great poem about Spring.



Vermont in spring is hopeful shorts and dresses
The hobo coats abandoned for the hippies
Bare arms and legs and wild, wind-blown tresses

In spring us students live just as the sun says
Inside with downcast eyes- outside we're bubbly
Vermont in spring is hopeful shorts and dresses

Vermont in spring is crouching on wet grasses
While dew-ey trees are always, always dripping
Down arms and legs and Wild, wind-blown tresses

In spring it's like the sun itself has blessed us
We do not care our clothes are far too skimpy
Because this spring is hopeful shorts and dresses

We dance down to the lake for its caresses
And feel as wild as if we were tipsy
Bare arms and legs and wild wind swept tresses

The spring is ours, we're  free to make our choices
We'll watch the sun until our eyes are trippy
Vermont is spring is hopeful shorts and dresses
Bare arms and legs and wild, wind-swept tresses 

No comments:

Post a Comment