September 8, 2013

Lemony Treats and Romans on the Roof

What in the world could be better than eating lemon bars on the roof with a bunch of girls while diving into the book of Romans?



Okay, I guess I can think of some things that might be equally good or better. Like maybe drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows while curled up with a blanket in front of a fire on a cold snowy day.



Or maybe reading a really good book on my bed when I should be sleeping.



Or dressing up in a fancy dress and going to a tea party with my friends.



Or eating a frozen Pinguino and drinking an ice cold Coke in a glass bottle after a long day of school.



Okay, okay...

But seriously, I think the lemon bars in the oven are going to taste absolutely delicious. And we'll have ice tea or hot tea depending on the very bipolar weather. And I think more of the girls will show up this time, although the nine that came to my Bible study last week were still a good group.

What am I talking about? You ask.

Romans on the Roof, my project of the semester- a girls' group where we dig into the book of Romans and see what God does with our talk. It's a lot of discussion, some games, and of course, desserts. I've only had one so far, but I'm still extremely excited, and I think the lesson tomorrow is really great.

The whole thing makes me feel older, too. I mean, I'm leading a Bible Study. Me, myself, and I.
Plus, I get to bake delicious treats every Sunday, and it's so much fun. And while it isn't quite the same as cooking, it'll probably still be good practice for moving out of the house and taking care of myself. Baked goods are a necessity, after all.

Oh, and did I mention that I finished draft 3 yesterday? Shadow Whispers is officially on to the fourth draft, and we're almost half way done with that, too. It's going great, and I am so excited to finish it and move on to the second book. I honestly can't wait, and it's taking all my self control to not just abandon the Whisperers and move on to the Remnants.

There you go. There's what's happening, both on the pages and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment