October 23, 2013

Cloaks and Coffee

Yes, I know, I know, I spelled that wrong! It's NaNoWriMo!

But, you see, I have issues with NaNoWriMo. I tried it once upon a time, or maybe try isn't the correct word. I signed up and made an account and everything, but I don't think I submitted a single word. A novel wasn't even begun in that month all those years ago.

Add caption

And sure, that was probably three years ago, I should try again.

But I don't think a novel written in a month is really a novel. It's just a bunch of words, and unless I really go through the work of really making it into a book and not just a collection of letters, then it's worthless. Okay, not worthless. I know it would still be really helpful and good practice and all that.

I just don't think 50,000 words scrawled down in one month is quite the same as the novel I've been working on for over a year. And I don't mean to just brag or sound like I'm above those NaNoWriMos or anything, because I definitely am not.

It's still stinkin' impressive, writing that much in so little time.

And I'll admit that a big part of my NaNoWriMo dislike is just the plain and simple fact that November is one of the busiest months, and an overall bad month for writing for me.

So anyway, I decided to make this November into NaNoReMo-- National Novel Reading Month-- because I need to read more. I made that list in that post with those books (PS: All those links go to the same place.) and now I want to actually go about reading some of them.
Add caption


So this November I am going to read as much as I possibly can.

And actually it works out fantastically, because at this point the Shadow Whispers is being read by different people, and until I get certain people to read it, I can't do any more as far as writing. So while everyone reads my novel, I will read as many novels from my list as I can.

I know that there's no way I'll get to all fifteen, but I hope to get as many as I can. And a certain friend keeps giving me more books to read that aren't on my list, so not all books will be from my list.

So yeah, it was on purpose. I meant ReMo, not WriMo.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment