March 29, 2014

Trust and Fear

I wish I could say that if I was part of the factions from Divergent I would be Dauntless, but the truth is I'm somewhat of a coward.

I like to think that I'm brave, after all, I'm on my way to Europe, right? But the truth is this trip terrifies me whenever I let myself think about it for too long. I mean, this train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt to some town I'll never be able to pronounce, it's sounding pretty scary at the moment. And then another train to that other town and then that airplane and that train and....

I know my trip will be awesome. Don't get me wrong; I am so excited beyond words. And I know that my whole life's story has already been preplanned and prewritten and I know it will all work out and it will all be awesome. But sometimes I just wish I could peak ahead a few chapters...

Of course, while in some ways it would be nice to just go to Europe and get the worst part over with, I'm also so glad that I got to have this time to calm down and destress before I leave. There was just so much going on and so much that I had to think about, and I guess in some ways there still is, but it doesn't seem as big of a deal here hanging out with my sister. Everything's just been a lot of fun and a great chance to relax.

(Although at the moment she's doing her homework and her husband is back from the Police Academy for the weekend and also doing a lot of homework, so the atmosphere in the room isn't actually very relaxed at the moment.)

But I'm loving this break and loving being back in Colorado. I missed this place, and I missed my sister.

(Oh, and in case you didn't guess from my opening; I did see Divergent this weekend, and I approve. It was pretty great, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment