April 3, 2014

Ready or Not

Everything is happening.
Life is here.

I still have a few days in Colorado before heading off to Europe, but a few days is not a very long time. I've been trying to figure out banking issues, buying last minute supplies for the trip, setting up the details for meeting everyone everywhere.

I feel like the only thing I have left is to pack my suitcase for the final time before I go. Well, and wash all my clothes before I pack so that I can arrive in Germany with clean clothes.

In Germany. I'm going to be arriving in Germany in less than a week. I guess I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it all. I don't know what to expect though, and I don't know how often I'll have access to computers and internet, so the blog may be left hanging as I try to find the time to update.

But I am quite certain that I will still write plenty, even if you don't get to read it. In fact, I'm trying to figure out if I need to cut down on the amount of notebooks I want to bring with me. I currently have a poetry journal, a prayer journal, a travel journal and an idea notebook.

And this is the time when, if I was smart, I would go buy a kindle. However, I love books way too much. I mean, I know that my Bible is coming with me. So now it's just 100 Years of Solitude and the Ray Bradbury collection my sister just gave me. Both of them are really good... and really big. I'm hoping I can fit them both somewhere.

As for writing, April is National Poetry Writing Month, and this year I've decided I'll actually write a poem a day. At least. It's the 3rd today, and so far I have 7 poems, so I think I'm up to a good start. Now hopefully I can keep it up and get at least one poem, even if I only have time for a haiku, every day. And now the future poems will be all about Europe and trains and airplanes.

Leaving home is definitely hard, but I can't tell you how excited I am. Just think about how much story material I'll find on this trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment