January 28, 2014

Chaos and Christmas

I know, I know. 
I haven't been on in ages, and this poor blog has been hopelessly abandoned.


I went on a cruise this Christmas, and spent Christmas Day in Jamaica. Good thing God is everywhere. It was great overall, and I did a lot of new things, such as parasailing and scuba diving and touching sting rays. (Which feel incredible slimy and gross, by the way.)





I also went to Florida, and North Carolina, and then finally came back to Oaxaca in time for a paintball game with some of my friends and a couple movies and multiple coffee dates. Overall, a fantastic vacation, and I wish I had more time to tell you more about it.



However, book two has been started, which I'm sure I've mentioned many, many times, and is now over 80 pages long. I'm excited to get it down on paper, although I have to admit that writing this book hasn't been easy. These characters are stubborn, you know, and they'll have their way whether I want them to or not.

Honestly, you have no idea how much I've argued with some of them. Especially regarding romance, with all of the trying to pair off even though they know that it is completely outside of character and irrelevant to the story. They try anyway, and I'm barely keeping them away from each other's throats.

The Remnants are fantastic, though, and I wish I could give more time to each of them. They are all developing splendidly, and they deserve an applause.


I also have no school for the next few months, which means a lot of time for writing, Or for meaning to write and then procrastinating or getting frustrated and not writing after all. Still, time is time and I am so grateful that now I can write when I want to instead of having to write complaining poetry in my journals.


Oh, that reminds me that I am now a Junior Moderator of that site I mentioned once or twice, The Young Writers Society, which as far as I'm concerned just means that my name is written in Green letters instead of Blue and I have some new special powers that I haven't quite figured out yet.


Well, there's a ridiculously quick summary, and probably still too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment