January 28, 2014

Five Things I Love About Christmas

I love Christmas. Most people do, and the ones who don't usually have good reasons that aren't related to Christmas. We've been putting up Christmas Decorations and listening to Christmas Music, and I am so excited because I love this season. So, here's why:

1. The Christmas Story.
    -As a Christian, I love rereading the story in all the Gospels of Jesus' birth. Yes, I've heard all the people that say that Jesus probably wasn't born in December. I know that December 25th was actually the date of a Pagan mystic celebration, and someone decided to take over the Pagan holiday and make it Christian. But that doesn't matter to me. I just love that this month is a time to celebrate Jesus and his arrival in Earth as a human baby when he could have ruled from Heaven as a king. How cool is it that he left everything just to come here for us?


2. Nativity Sets
   -This is basically the same reason as the one I mentioned above. But I love collecting nativity scenes and I love looking at all the little Baby Jesus figures. Someday, when I have my own house, I'll have a house full of nativities.


3. Christmas Decorations
    -I am one of those people that likes to turn up Christmas music and dance around putting ornaments on the tree and lights around the inside and outside of the house and cutting out paper snowflakes and putting up my Christmas village. I love the feeling of Christmas that comes along with decorations; everything just feels so warm and cheerful and peaceful.

4. Christmas Cookies
    -Okay, come on. Who doesn't like Christmas Cookies? (I made Sugar Cookies today!)

5. Celebration Atmosphere.
    -I'm sure this is partly because my siblings and I all have birthdays right around Christmas, so December is like a major party month. Plus, this month I've got all the birthdays coupled with my graduation, so double party there. Plus, Christmas also means Christmas break, and lack of school is always a reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment