November 11, 2013

Rambling Rages

I haven't posted in a few days, longer than it usually takes me to update this post, and I feel like I have so much to say. Of course, at the same time, I feel like I don't really have anything good to say. My mind is all jumbled and twisted up and doesn't quite make sense.

So bear with me on this post and try to keep up.

I guess I'll start with the most recent accomplishment: cleaning the house.
Picture from here.

My family has never been big on chores, just washing dishes, and my dad usually cleans the house. But my parents left for the week and I spent all of today trying to clean the house for my calculus teacher, who's going to stay with me while they're gone. (Yes, I am so nerdy that I actually asked my teacher to come stay at my house for a week. Yikes.)

So far I got the patio, the yard, the living room, and the room where my teacher will stay. Unfortunately that means I still have the dining room, the kitchen, and my own room. I guess I am exaggerating a little bit. My house is actually pretty small, and it hasn't taken that long.

But I'm still feeling slightly overwhelmed. Again.

Cleaning, homework, college applications, ESL classes, and that banana peanut butter cake I've been trying to bake for a couple of weeks now and haven't had time.
I wish I was outside in pretty red leaves...


Ugh. So much that I should get done, and then those things that I actually need to do and keep trying to put off.

On a different note, one of my friends (the same one who commented on my lack of weapon knowledge) is now reading through the novel.

Boy is it terrifying giving him the book.
I think maybe this is an irrelevant picture, but...

He's barely started and already telling me that I need to decide on a time period and stick to it, because apparently it's not allowed to have trains and swords.

What if I like trains? Huh? Doesn't that count for anything?

Goodness gracious, it's a fantasy novel; I'm supposed to be able to do whatever I want!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c4/Harcourt_St_train_crash_1900.jpg


But I guess he has a point, and I guess I should listen. I just don't want to. I want to keep my trains, and I don't want to bring in guns. Guns are stupid. Swords are so much cooler.

On the plus side, he compared my book to Reckless by Cornelia Funke (Not exactly in a positive way) but she's like my favorite author and I take his comment as the highest compliment rather than the insult he meant it to be.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhh7BBG9LD2naQh8Zb5NCdVDlZjG_YqTwtxLMCFHuwCzTf3qiyJzvixBVq9IaV3urKCYMog0MSkFvZFE6GjdZpHcMy3ExmOiCABM5K5Cz3p7J6lR52fkTPOtCrtuHnHVXNQfxgHiF1hQCc/s1600/reckless.jpg


I guess that's enough raging for today. I'm out, to finish cleaning the house and maybe get some homework in there someplace.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the day went okay! Reckless is a good book though ^^ Have you read Fearless yet?

    ReplyDelete